Wednesday, 10 March 2010

One for Mum !


Mother's Day Card 
Now who is old enough to remember that song - Mother of Mine !
Well as i was making this card it just "popped " into my head and now its 
one of those songs i will be blinking singing all day and wont be able to get it out of my head !
sorry ..... if your old enough to remember it as its now proberly in your head too now !
anyway ... back to the card ..
This is a tent card , i did enjoy making it , and it was very simple measurements, but i guess today was one of those days were - if it can go wrong - it will do ! 
The design was fine - but did i faff with the bits and the jump ring just would not do as it was told ! It looks fine now though after much teeth gritting ! 
Then i decided to use up some chocolate brown card with holes in - not a good idea if you have a tombow glue stick ! the glue just  squished out of the holes - you can see abit on the right corner !!  I might cover it up with something later .!
I used a sizzix die for the die - cut Mother - ive had it years and this is the 
first time ive used it ! shame on me !
and my new leaf die - quickutz which my boyfriend calvin treated me too !
 Challenges
I made the card for these challenges .

Dont forget my Easter blog candy on offer -  you can check it out here !

28 comments:

joanne wardle said...

great card, your mum will love it

joey said...

Hi Maddy

fantastic card! the pompom ribbon is a gorgeous touch.

Thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts

Joey.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my this is so beautiful!
Stunning work!
hugs
kim x

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful!! Love the colours and I adore the pompom ribbon your mum will love it!!! xx

Julie Allain said...

Beautiful card Maddy, Mothers day eek I knew there was something I had to do lol xx

Sue said...

Hi Maddy
aww gorgeoues card beautiful colouring, luv the papers & embelies, luv the pom poms. Got to try one of these cards.Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Yvonne said...

This is so cute. I do love the way you have added the bigger pettals to the smaller flowers. The papers are so yummy. Beautiful hun.
i had the same problem yesterday with one of my cards.. everything that could, did go wrong, lol

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Maddy! Love the pinks and the pretty flower accents. Fab ribbon trim too! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something and Just Magnolia, hope to see you again next week. :)

Cindy said...

This is a cute card - the flowers are really great. Thanks for visiting the MSL challenge. Cindy2

Carol Q said...

awwww, lovely pink and girly

stampingheaven said...

Simply stunning Maddy, love it.

Dena said...

Maddy, sorry it was just one of those days, but your card is tooo fabby! Adorable and I love the corners.
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia, I hope you had fun making the tent card!
Hugs, Dena

Lisa Jane said...

what a great tent card . I love the colour combination and those pompoms across teh top are just delightful
Great to hear from another Yorkshire lass
Lisa ;)

Anary said...

Lovely lovely card! The layout is so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!
Anary

Stephanie said...

Great job, love the little pom-pom danglings!! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers! Hugs, Stephanie

Kim said...

Maddy this is GORGEOUS hun! :) LOVE the color combo!!!! My fav!
Hugs~ Kim

Kim x said...

Fab card Maddy! It is sooo cute. Thanks for your kind comments too.
Kim x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Maddy, beautiful colours and cute image.
luv
Debby

Craftyanny said...

Hi Maddy
This is adorable, such a pretty card:)
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week
Anne x

Linda Elbourne said...

Beautiful card - fab colours X

Marcea said...

what a fabulous tent card!! I love your image and great colours. Such pretty details too. Glad it turned out ok in the end - you did better than me, I stuck my folded bit upside down, lol. Thanks for joining us on JM this week
-x-

the crafty duck said...

Gorgeous card, I've just seen this style myself and can't wait to have a go!! Love your Tilda and your colours, love steph

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another wonderful card Maddy ;) Love the leaf die - think I've got that one :)
Anne xx

Jennifer said...

Stunning! Yummy colours xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Angelwood said...

This is stunning! Love the color combination you've used. Your mom will LOVE this for sure! Hey, I'm a MUM - won't you mail it to me???
LOL :0) Your work is so amazing! hugs, Angela

JR Creations said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

Handmade by Vivi said...

Adorable card Maddy!!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!
xxx
Vivi

Shelley said...

Mandy, this is a great card. Love the tent card! I have this Tilda but not used her yet, thanks for the inspiration. hugs Shelley

Please pop by and visit me on my blog - thanks

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/